We're looking for 2 Electorate Officers to join our team!
- 1 part time role
- 1 full time role
Our electorate office is the point of contact for constituents and local community groups with the Member for Hastings regarding state government services and responsibilities.
The Hastings Electoral Office is based in Somerville.
We are seeking candidates with:
- An interest in, or understanding of, the Australian political context and Australian parliamentary procedures and processes.
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills including the ability to analyse policy and legislation.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to hear from and liaise with constituents, community groups, government and non-government organisations, and the media.
- Excellent writing skills including the ability to prepare correspondence which includes, briefing notes, submissions, speeches, newsletters, grants and media releases.
- Demonstrated superior organisational skills to work effectively under pressure and manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise sound judgement and ability to perform at a high standard under limited supervision and within a team environment.
- Word processing/keyboard and computer skills in an office environment, with capacity to adopt processes for database management.
- Demonstrated digital communications marketing including website, Facebook, Instagram, Google My Business, LinkedIn and Twitter.
How to apply
To apply for this position:
- Update your resume and prepare a cover letter outlining your skills and experience as relevant to this role
- Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 11 November 2020
- Please place ELECTORATE OFFICER - PART TIME or ELECTORATE OFFICER - FULL TIME in the email subject